Sunday, April 18, 2010

Commitments, Not Patients

     I went to visit a prospective patient the other day at the acute rehab center because she couldn't come to me. The main purpose of my visit was to ask if she was committed to making progress, whatever she deemed that to be. Was she willing to change diet, to change lifestyle, to change perspective and her comfort level in all things? She surprised me by asking what kinds of questions were those? Didn't I want her as a patient?
     I sort of surprised myself in answering her with the remark that I didn't want patients, I wanted people who were committed to improving their health.
     My reputation rests with each one of my patients, even more, my karmic destiny. I succeed as each patient succeeds. A common comment in practitioner circles is that we should never work harder than our patient is willing to work.

5,000/160

How you spend your time is more important than how you spend your money. Money mistakes can be corrected, but time is gone forever. - David Norris

No comments:

Post a Comment