Saturday, April 10, 2010

Do Without the Judgment

     Can you do this, even for an hour - not to compute all the incoming data, the physical aspects, the emotional content, the facial expression? Can you be at peace in someone's presence without having to assign a bottom line calculated to be where they are?

     Take the snowstorm from February, 2010. I found myself having a judgement about it before it even arrived, something as funamental and elemental as a weather event. It was going to be terrible and inconvenient and disruptive!  I think I could have moved through the event much more easily if I had allowed the storm to just be, it didn't need me to comment on it. I think I would have been better served if I had let myself just register that there was a storm, recognize it for just what it was. My being in the world would have been much lighter if I hadn't had to append "terrible", "obstacle", and "mess" to the event.

      Next time.

6,000 steps, 162 lbs

When you're through changing. . . you're through. - Bruce Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment