Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sleeping Our Way to Health


Many of my patients have trouble with their sleeping. The simplest solution is the one that has been around the longest. Get up early and do stuff. I have a patient in his mid 50s who hasn't slept well in years. The patient has recently embarked on a program of walking. Perhaps I'll include more detail on this simple statement later. As it turns out, the walking has led to all the other things: weight loss of about forty pounds, lowered blood pressure and cholesterol, elimination of taking a whole host of medication, better quality of life and outlook, and surprise, the patient sleeps very well.


I'm on the 10,000 steps per day program myself. As you can see, I'm not quite there yet. More to follow. . .


Sleep is the golden chain that ties our bodies and health together. - Thomas Dekker


Now it's wine and acupuncture on the ads, hmmm?


2,500 steps/158.5 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment