Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pulse Diagnosis

     There was a day early on school where we were to begin checking pulses. One of the major diagnostic tools we have as Five Element acupuncturists is pulse diagnosis. We were taught that there were three deep and three superficial pulses on each wrist and to interpret that we had to check a lot of wrists; before my day folks went out to the airport for this - imagine!
     We were required to document I think it was fifty pulse picture a week for the first year and forty per week for the subsequent years and I remember at the time I thought I was getting nothing for the first year. I think my classmate Tiana made the comment that she got no information for the first thousand, all the info she needed during the second thousand, and too much info for the third thousand. In treatment today I probably check the patient’s pulses a dozen times or so. Pulse diagnosis, along with tongue diagnosis (the only internal organ we can visualize externally) provides real feedback tools to us.

5,500/162

Both tears and sweat are salty, but they render a different result. Tears will get you sympathy, sweat will get you change. - Jesse Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment