Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How I Got Started in Acupuncture

     My fabulous wife had been getting regular acupuncture treatment for ten years and had said "you really should go, it’ll do something for your blood pressure." So I finally went, not without a little grumble.

     Anyhow, I had the very patient practitioner take my BP before the treatment and during the treatment, and sometimes when I was standing or lying on my side and practically in every permutation besides eating the green eggs and ham. And, after about eight weeks, it had come down about 20 points, keeping me drug free.

     Now the really interesting thing was how I would watch the looks on folks’ faces as they would come out of her office and I thought “I’d like to be able to provide that.”

     Circumstances eventually led to the universe saying “sure, come on down Route 29 to acupuncture school.”

7,000/161

When you don't have any money, the problem is food. When you have money, it's sex. When you have both, it's health. If everything is simply jake, then you're frightened of death. - J.P. Donleavy

No comments:

Post a Comment